TVAM is a fantastic bike club; as members, we are dedicated to supporting one other, having fun, helping us all to continually develop and improve our riding skills.
TVAM was registered in May 1998 with formal objectives defined as: ‘To advance education and to benefit the public by encouraging and promoting advanced motorcycling standards and road safety education.’ (Charity Commission).
New to TVAM? We will show you:
- The secrets of confident cornering
- The art of making safe progress
- Braking for every occasion
- Slow riding skills
- How to improve your safety margins
- How to get more pleasure from your riding
- How to be smooth in the wet
- How to be less likely to have an accident
- How to lead a social run and ride safely in a group
- How to make friends and influence people… (OK, not that one…).
Why do we stay once we’ve passed the Advanced test? What our members say:
- I enjoy being part of something really special
- There’s a great social side with ride outs, support in your first trip away, and time to natter and ride
- I’ve made lots of friends, with so many people you can always find a like-minded rider
- I want to give something back to the club because they really helped me
- I enjoy passing on my knowledge, which is the key to having great motorcycling skills
- I can help lead rides/organise track events/welcome people here/man help-desks
- There’s always someone who has a contact to help with whatever I need (suspension, kit advice, holidays, etc.)
- I’ve got a lot to thank TVAM for.
Our members cover more than 200,000 miles a year on trips in the UK and abroad, 10,000 miles on social rides and even 10,000 miles a year on race tracks.
Monthly meetings are held on the 3rd Sunday of each month at St. Crispin’s School, London Road, Wokingham, RG40 1SS
Committee meetings are held at Worknet Ltd, James House, Mere Park, Dedmere Road, Marlow, SL7 1FJ.
Keith Millican 1993
Nigel Fowler 1996
Derek Green 2000
Richard Tickner 2005
Nigel Taylor 2010
Charon Willis 2016
Where are we?
The image below shows the distribution of our membership in July 2019.