As the name suggests, better riding is not a one-time benefit but a real skill for life.
Recognising that the majority of collisions are caused by driver or rider error, the IAM Advanced Driving Test has the specific objective of significantly improving driving standards and is accredited by the Driving Standards Agency (DSA). The Advanced Riding Test is not exclusively about safety, but encourages the rider to feel confident on the road, to make good progress, and to get greater enjoyment from the experience.
To date, over 400,000 people have taken the Advanced Test, the pass rate is around 75%, and we currently have over 100,000 active IAM members.
The IAM Skill for Life package contains everything you need to get your riding skills up to speed.
- An initial assessment with an IAM Observer from an IAM group local to you
- As many rides as required to get you to ‘test ready’ standard
- The definitive guide to advanced riding techniques ‘How to be a better rider’
- Membership of your local IAM bike group, with invitations to group events
- Full preparation for your Advanced Riding Test
- Your Advanced Riding Test undertaken with a qualified examiner
- An IAM Advanced Riding Certificate on passing the test
- 12-month membership of the national IAM, which includes:
- Our award winning membership magazine ‘Advanced Driving’
- Access to a host of membership benefits, privileges and discounts
- Special insurance discounts and policy cover once you have passed – Click here for more details.
- Access to the members-only area of this website (for special events, services and member offers)
PLUS every Skill for Life course now comes with 12 months FREE RAC roadside and recovery cover (£106 RRP) so there has never been a better time to become a better rider!
As a charitable organisation, the whole Skill for Life package is available for only £139*.
To find out more – contact us